
I think that when you start direct sales you start to learn a lot about the folks you talk to. So far, I've learned that most folks don't want to try new things. Their reasons are varied, but very, very telling. If you think about it, it's a great window into their personalities. I had another analogy about direct sales & religion, but it might have been too much.
We cooked fried chicken tonight, which I haven't had in a while. Still good, though I fell asleep on the couch afterwards. I woke up in time to watch The Office and King of the Hill. We also found a box of some kind of Jello product. It's like flan, I think, and most of the directions were in Spanish. It's OK, but it would have been better with some Cool Whip.
OK - so it's election season, and I've gotten to the point where I thoroughly despise our existing governer, who is a Republican. Unfortunately, the only other option is a Democratic opponent, because the Republican party couldn't come up with a good candidate. I am very, very discouraged at this point. I know Texas withstood Ann Richards and came out OK. As long as Bill White doesn't revoke the CHL's, revoke the death penalty or jack up my taxes higher than they already are I'm actually thinking about voting for the guy. Rick Perry has just done too many things I found pretty reprehensible, and seems to be as dirty as they come. If any of your Houston readers have anything to share about his terms as mayor in Houston I'd love to hear 'em.
While I'm on this, I feel like the Republican party has abandoned it's conservative base. The real conservatives seem to be unable to get far along in the system to get elected - Alan Keyes is a perfect example. And I held my nose and voted for McCain and Obama got in, so I'm almost to the point of not voting if I can't find a candidate I like. And if the world is going to end in 2012 I'm not sure how much it matters anyway. The real question would be this - if they turn into a zombie, which one would be the easiest to kill?
They made a third "Jackass" movie. I giggle like a little kid every time I see the previews. I thinknI'm gonna try to talk Toni into watching the first one with me and see if she can tolerate it. I can hack about 80% of it, or at least I could in 2003.
I think I'd like another scooter and some pizza rolls.
OK - that's it. You guys be gentle.
978

No comments:
Post a Comment