Wednesday, August 4, 2010

some things that happened today



Timone has begun collecting articles of trash from the office wastebasket and has begun depositing them in his water bowl. Today, there are two paper towels and a business card from the gun show in there. I gave him a q-tip as a barter. Also, I really need to take the trash out. I should probably change the water out, too.

Toni is looking at puppies online. every so often I hear an "awwwwwwwwwwwwww" followed by a giggle and a "come look at this one." I have seen many puppies. So far the worst one was a Chihuahua-pug mix, which appears as though it may have been forsaken by God. (Just kidding - that's a bit extreme. It was an ugly puppy, though. Seriously, man - ugly. U-G-L-Y. He ain't got no alibi. He's UGLY.)

Toni and I became Advocare Advisers today - YAY! While that probably doesn't mean a lot to you guys, it's a big deal to us and represents both a great step in our Advocare careers and our commitment to it. Also, it means more money coming our way, and more product in our bodies, both of which are most excellent. Next stop - Silver.

We're starting the Advocare 24-Day Challenge in a day or so. Daily pics as it goes on - expect great things. Also expect unimpressive swimsuit pics of me (and my belly) as the official "before" pics begin. Also, we're eating all the "bad" food we can now because A) we need to eat it all up before it goes bad B) it's my final "hurrah" eating crap and C) our diets will radically change once it starts. I am considering this my goodbye to my old, unhealthy self, and the transition to a new, more healthy life.

I took my Dad's advice and moved the books and magazines out of the bathroom and moved a Bible in. I've been taken to reading Samuel and Kings tonight, and it's been really good. Let's face it - if I'm going to read the Bible, I'm going to read it on the toilet. And odds are I'm going to be reading quite a bit of it, too, as I tend to post up in there. You gotta go with what works.

I was looking for a brown recoil pad and A) I can't find any and B) the olive green ones are twice as expensive and the black ones. I/we are unwilling to spend $20 for $9 part for the sake of cosmetics.

I think that's it, man. I'm going to go to bed pretty soon, because healthy people don't piss away all night sitting in front of the TV, and they get up early enough to be productive during the day.

915 for Wednesday.

3 comments:

Brandon and Jenny said...

Shoot, I keep a Bible in the bathroom too. It's a fantastic idea. Well, it is if you read it. I guess just having it in there doesn't mean much.

I'd love to know what your thoughts are on what you're reading.

Brandon and Jenny said...

Oh, and for what it's worth I started going through Samuel this morning as well - yay for tandem Bible reading.

haitimom said...

Now just remember what a precious, sweet dog Frankie was (nicknamed ugle by you dad)

What encourages me when I read in the Old Testament is that a lot of those people were just jerks and yet God used their sinful humanity to bring about HIS perfect plan. He continues to do it today. Helps me understand what His grace and mercy really means.

Congratulations on you and Toni becoming Advocare advisers.
I am loving the changes I see taking place in your life. To God be the Glory for the work of His Holy Spirit and your willingness to turn over the "reins" to him. Something we all have to do if we want Him to do His work in our lives. Very freeing actually.