
We were watching a sitcom a few nights ago, and there was a bit where there was a little boy who goes into a full-on voodoo curse whenever somebody tells him what to do. This terrifies whomever he does it to, and hijinks ensue.
However, upon watching that scene, I decided that if I ever see anybody in front of me roll their eyes back in their head, raise a feather in one hand and a chicken foot in the other, start chanting and putting some kind of weird hex on me, I am going to hit him (or her) as hard as I can, right in the face - right in the nose - and prevent them from finishing their voodoo curse. I think that I've had enough curse of one kind or another get on me, and I'll be doggoned if I'm going to let some weirdo put the whammy on me. I don't care if he is a kid, or she's a chick, or whatever.
Voodoo = punch in the face. That's my new creed.
A long time ago I used to want Mom & Dad to bring me a voodoo doll from Haiti. No real reason, really - I just thought it'd be a fun gag. Now there's no way in hell I'd have that thing in my house.
On a related note, I used to want a big 'ol fat Buddha in my house, too, because I like the whole Asian decor and I've always found that motif & architecture pleasant and relaxing. Now, while I don't have the same enthusiastic resentment against Buddha as I do against voodoo, I've since changed my mind and I don't want one of those, either.
Just on principle.
I'd like to think I'm a bit smarter than I used to be now, especially as of late, and I'm hoping that I'd be making a better decision about that now.
Anyway, that's it for today.
903 for Friday

2 comments:
Voodoo in a sitcom? (Satan will use anything to get his foot in the door)It's no "laughing matter" here. The Christians know there is power in Voodoo, but they know God is more powerful.
More powerfull than a punch-in-the-nose, "Greater is He that is in Me than he that is in the world." You spend a lot of emotional energy fighting the fears of the world. You know the One who is in control of all. You have been freed to enter His rest. He is able and willing to take care of you and your family better than you can, if you will let go and let Him.
Post a Comment