
As most of you guys know, I'm on a prescription of antidepressants. Earlier this week, my prescription ran out and I didn't get time to get it renewed until about three days later.
Generally, when this happens, I'm good for about the first 48 hours before I start to go through withdrawals, and my depression generally comes back with a vengeance. this time, though, I've been experiencing only the physical withdrawal symptoms, namely a weird dizziness/vertigo perpetually falling-down sensation. But man - my depression is gone. Now today I felt a little stressed, but not the deep depression I have such a track record of struggling with, and it's the first time I've felt any kind of stress since the 14th. The stress, incidentally, was brought on by going over budget going buying new glasses ($14 over), and not budgeting playing Lunar Golf with the wife and kiddo, which we did anyway. We had tithe, food, and gas money though, which was all we needed. I don't know why I let that get under my skin so badly, but I did. I got a little weepy really late on Saturday night, but that's because I started getting all sentimental about our daughter being about three or so, and what she was like then. Odds are that'll do it to anybody, man.
I did get my prescription refilled, and I got back on them just to prevent the physical withdrawal symptoms. They've largely stopped, and I feel good today. Plus Toni brought me a chili dog while I was at work tonight, which was awesome.
What else?
I'm watching a LOT less TV these days, and I'm on the internet a LOT less these days. My Facebook "friends" are rapidly shrinking, too - I'd rather have real relationships with flesh-and-blood people than less real ones online. I'm working less at the theater and investing more time in our Advocare business, and working more hours at our little home business. We have the opportunity to invest ourselves a little more fully in Advocare, and we're going to take it. As of right now, the payoffs are much higher for these than the theater is, so that's where I'm investing my time.
I'm getting a lot worse at swearing, too, and by that I mean that I used to be able to swear fluently. Nowadays I'm not quite so prone to it, and I'm a lot more sensitive to it in others. The irony, huh? It became clear to me when I was editing this post and I used the word "poo" because I couldn't make myself use the s-word. Go figure.
Anyway, we're packing up the things we can in anticipation of our move. We don't have a lot, really, but it's a nice feeling to have the stuff we don't use already boxed up. It's a positive movement towards our goal.
Toni and I were talking today about demonic oppression, and I came to the conclusion that for me, it was like wearing a garbage can on your head, and sitting atop the garbage can it an angry screaming monkey with a hammer, and he shrieks all day, all night and pounds the garbage can with the hammer at all hours. Also, he reaches down to bite, scratch and slap you at random, and he throws poo on you from time to time. So, imagine walking around with your head in a garbage can, all the time. You can't see very well, it stinks, you're sore and tired from carrying around a trash can on your head, it's loud, you can't think, there's a lot of screaming you can't control, and when you don't see it coming you get bitten, slapped, scratched and periodically hit with monkey poo.
Now imagine - in one day, that's all gone. Years of it. And imagine the contrast between Screaming Garbage Monkey and...well....no Screaming Garbage Monkey. It's a bit like that, only much more serious.
Oh - to answer a comments from my last entry....
A) Bunny is doing fine. We have her room(s) shut off from the rest of the house, and since we have the air vents shut we keep her window open. She spends her days on her windowsill watching the world go by, and her nights on the same windowsill watching the bunnies that wander into the front yard. She sleeps on the bed, naps in the sun and hides under the mattress when it storms. She's eating plenty, drinking plenty, has lots of fresh air, and doesn't have to deal with the Pumpkin Syndicate 99% of the time.
B) I'm not afraid of voodoo or being cursed by a voodoo doctor or something - I'm just tired of dealing with demonic oppression and if I have to smack somebody to keep it off me I'm gonna :-) I'm not afraid of snakes either, but I'm not going to let somebody put one on me, ya know?
Anyway, that's it for tonight, except for a Spanish (from Spain, I think) pretending to interview a goat. I think the goat speaks for all of us.
906 for Monday.
Now - here's a goat. I wish I could just carry this goat around and when somebody started to annoy me I could just point the goat at them.

3 comments:
Son, you have no idea just how thankful, relieved and happy we are to see the great changes that have happened in you life. Your blogs are now uplifting and positive. Now that the garbage can and monkey are gone you can be vastly more useful to yourself and others around you, as is evident from what you wrote. Now, with the great load removed you have a new life before you. Just think of the marvelous testimony you can have in the life of others now. The spirits that oppressed you could not rob you of your eternal salvation, but they were robbing you of having the life that was available to you as well as what you could be to those around you. May it continue always from here on.
dad
Thank you for taking care of bunny. She does not need AC, she survived Haiti just fine. She does like a little turkey breast once in a while for a treat.
Your dad and I got a good laugh from the goat, we only saw a few seconds, took a long time to get that.
To carry him around though would not be a good way to win friends and influence people. It would get your point across though.
The reporter is asking the goat about political folks, "What about the mayor?", etc. But that guy spoke really fast...I guess he had to in between angry bleats.
Very funny.
Post a Comment