
OK - my responses were probably going to be long-winded, so I figured I'd give them their own post.
a question: how are you defining generational sin and what is a soul tie?
I used the wrong word here; generational sin wasn't the word I meant to use - I should have used the word generational curse; that would have been closer to what I was trying to say.
The short version is this - generational curses are bad things that get passed down from generation to generation. For example, if a person was engaging in witchcraft (or any one of the variety of things that cause God grief - and it's a fairly long list), the curse (in this case, demonic oppression) can plague down to the third and fourth generations (Deut. 5:9), so you can be paying the price for stuff that folks way up on your family tree did.
You can look at Prov. 26:2 as well - curses come from somewhere, man. They don't just randomly fall on you.
Soul ties are deep connections to other people. I think soul ties often emerge from periods of bonding and love, are rarely born out of evil intent, and aren't limited to people you've slept with. Sex, of course, can develop these very quickly and very, very deeply, but a soul tie can be any deep emotional connection to another person, whether it's a friend, spouse, or lover. Some soul ties are actually good - soul ties between you and your children, or your spouse. You can also have soul ties to friends, especially if you have a blood oath of some kind, or if the two of you have bonded through deep things, like AA or Pathways or a 12-step program, or perhaps a covenant group. Again - not all soul ties are bad, but I had several that were either diluting my relationship with my wife or interfering with it whether I wanted them to or not.
For me, I had very, very powerful soul ties to certain people that I simply couldn't break on my own - I had to turn these over to God to handle it for me. I had to break soul ties to not only my ex, but to my ex-wife and to women that I had only "hooked up" with, and even to women that I conducted myself well with but for whom I cared greatly. I had to break soul ties involving relationships I had nearly twenty years ago, and with girlfriends long past. I broke every soul tie to everybody I could think of - all except for my wife, and I think that's helped me and us a great deal.
I hope those help out some.
900

1 comment:
Congrats. on reaching day 900. That is a reason to celebrate. Hope you and Toni did that.
That cat looks like he is on life #9. Wonder "who" he had for dinner. Speaking of old cats, how is the Bunny? Still a pain? I do miss her though.
Love you and Toni very much.
Post a Comment