Friday, June 18, 2010

this counts as Friday because I started it before midnight.



So today, in an effort to avoid my boss, I hid upstairs and did projector stuff all day long. I skipped lunch and spent a lot of the day a little thirsty, but it was totally worth it. Toni and I went to Sonic for dinner, where I ate waaaaay too much food, and I got chili and bacon on everything except my Dr. Pepper. It went right through me, of course, but it sure was good.

I'm getting really sensitive about my boss as of late, man. I feel like he's very patronizing and condescending, and a micromanager to boot. If I'm gonna be patronized, condescended and micromanaged, I think I ought to be paid more. I pay the people that work for me more, and I treat them a lot better. I think I'm gonna start looking for another gig, as I don't know how much longer my pride can hold out. I haven't been treated like a child by any boss I've ever had, and 37 is a bit late in the game to start.

We got paid today, and got in a few more online orders. That's good news, as we were scraping together change for groceries. Just in time, as always.

I think that's it, man. I have to go to work tomorrow, and our daughter is coming for the week, so I'm gonna wrap it up and enjoy the last quiet night I'm gonna have for a while.

848

2 comments:

brian said...

Is there no possibility of just talking to the guy?

Just a "I've got it" and look him in the eye and do it. A few of those later and even the dimmest promoted-beyond-his-ability doofus will start to get it. Surely.

Unless the guy just likes it. Then perhaps a frank discussion asking to be given more room to execute your responsibilities.

And you've been working there far long enough to be making *less* than the proles. That sounds like another conversation is needed. Since it sounds like you could quit and reapply and make more money for less work. Which is obviously suboptimal for you career-wise, but surely this would register in the cobwebby brain of your boss.

Ian said...

I was referring to *my* proles - the scottco ones :-)

I do make more (barely) than the theater proles, if you don't consider I lose about 50% to child support.

The "I've got it" + hardeye hasn't registered yet, unfortunately. I like how you phrased that, though - more room to execute my responsibilities. That's much more nicely phrased than "get of my ass".

I may (will) steal that!