Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just for my Mom....

A very long time ago, we had a red fox living under the front porch at my parent's old house in Flower Mound. I'll bet you guys think it looked like this.

LJ - it's a trick. Get your gun.

Anyway, my Mom was watering the flowers nearby and scared it out form under the porch. Mom said it ran about 10 feet, turned back towards her, made eye contact and kind of....well....made a noise. Mom was badly weirded out by the experience, and I recently came across an article on the abject horror that is the vocalizations of the red fox, thanks to Zach.

Embrace the phantasmagorical, man.


Seeing it for reals had to be even more awful. Now - this is only a clip, but just imagine my poor Mom seeing this from 10 feet away.

And just in case you missed, here's the face the thing made at her.
Ready to swallow your soul, evidently.

Here's another clip of the things ostensibly raising their dead comrades from the bowels of hell in the middle of the night.



Seriously - that makes coyotes sound like giggling schoolchildren.

Anyway, I wanted to share that with you guys, and also my Mom, and to tell her that I really did believe her when she said it was weird, and now, after seeing and hearing it (even online), I'd like to say that she took it better than I would have.

That was weird, Mom. I'm glad you came through it OK. I might have cried.

869 for Tuesday.

More tomorrow - I'm tired.

2 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

Great....now my dogs are weirded out! hahahahaha

haitimom said...

That was eerie! Don't think you would have "cried" had you seen it you might have shot it though. Wonder who got close enough in the wild to take those pictures.

The fox I saw was actually kind of cute. Didn't really like him "barking" at me though. He just finally disappeared. Probably hanging around for the cat food. (or maybe the cat)