Monday, May 10, 2010



So my allergies are rough this week, but seem to be localized to something here. And it's outside, too, because the cats aren't bothering me. And I'm installing a cat door so I can move the litter box into the garage. 'Cause it's stinky.

Gosh - I really don't have a lot to say, I don't think. I'm basically sitting here doing not a whole lot before Toni and I get back to work. We're withing three orders of clearing off our order board and only having three replacement orders to handle.

I've been riding my bike with our daughter & Toni more and more as of late. I'm thinking of starting to ride my bike to work. I have a good 15-speed I picked up at a garage sale for $10, and I figured out a route today that'll give me sidewalks the whole way. It's about a 6-mile trip each way; I figure I can knock it out in about 45 minutes each way. I'll have to bring my shoes and uniform in a backpack (and then leave it) and give myself some kind of a shower when I get there. I figure biking 36-48 miles a week oughta burn off a lot of fat, and I'm tired of having gut that I can feel when I run. I'm monkeying around with a plan to drop 40-50 lbs of fast food and soda residue, though working at a movie theater will make knocking off the Cokes a bit trickier. I think i can do it in 10 weeks, especially if I use Advocare products. I even have a helmet, too. Thoughts?

I went through a lot of old clothes and donated a garbage bag full of stuff I don't wear any more. I'm trying to transport as little as possible the next time we move. I'm only bringing the barest essentials when we go, which means we're ditching everything but the barest essentials. I'm leaving my gun safe here, too - it's bolted to the wall and I don't think I have it in me to

My next question for you guys: Is it worth it to keep cable/satellite TV service if you only care about watching one show a week? I think 99% of the reason we continue to pay for it is so our kiddo can watch it when she's here; otherwise it's just an expensive distraction and noisemaker.

That's it for now, I reckon.

810

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's just for the kid - maybe think of what kind of quality time you could get with her during that time? or what could ya'll go and do together (or with you wife) with the money you're spending on cable. It's not much, but it doesn't take much to create memories.

Unknown said...

That's a great point - thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hulu

Brandon and Jenny said...

Are the Oak Trees coming in? That always killed you. Maybe Claritin would help. Or one of those nasal rinses like a Neti pot...if you can do it, they are amazing for allergies.

Man, I encourage you to try the bike. At least a few days a week. That would be fantastic and you would feel great about it. Especially since you got a $10 bike! That's awesome.

We only have TV because it's bundled with our internet and it's only like $10 a month. We have more fun without it. I guess if you still get Netflix you can still get some movies, etc.

you know, I was thinking about your cats and when we had more than one we had 2 litter boxes. It helped with the stink.