
I had another blog written, but it sucked. In one sentence, it was this: I've been tense and frustrated because we're not out on our own yet, and Toni's generally the closest one for me to bark at. It's a lame thing for me to do, taking my frustrations out on her, even though (or especially when) I can rationalize it by saying (and believing) that it's for us. Even if (from my perspective) I'm only to accelerate our getting out of my folks house, which is our Number One Goal, it's still not right for me jump her case when she isn't doing what I want her to, when I want her to do it, in the time frame I want. The super-short version? I can still be a jerk. So.... there's that.
I also had a blog about whether or not gun owners were all secretly afraid of something, hence the tendency to hold fast to their firepower, but as soon as I wrote it I saw how stupid it looked. There's a difference between fear and the desire (or maybe duty is a better word) to protect what's yours, including your life, your family, and your property, especially when the foundation of your country guarantees you that right, right behind the right to say what you want. I think a sense of duty is a hell of a better motivator than fear. I think Obama had it wrong on that one, though if the pro-gun crowd is afraid of anything, it's our own government. I think they're going in a bad direction on several fronts, and I'll admit- it makes me want to stock up on ammo a little. I mean seriously - if they're making decisions this stupid, I don't know if I trust them to A) not run it so far into the ground that it collapses and B) take care of me and my family afterwards. Is that acting out of a spirit of fear, or am I just paying attention?
Also, at the risk of sounding like a girl, I feel fat today and I think I'm just about at the point where I'm willing to start fighting my gut with full abandon. I also think my daughter thinks I'm fat, which I don't like.
Oh - if you're faithful in pulling out your tithe, does it matter if you pull it out after you pay some other bills? I know it should be first, but church is on Sunday and I have to use the card before then. Thoughts?
And one more thing: Please, please, America - stop saying "baby" after things that in no way involve infants? I'll give you the most egregious example: "Vegas, baby!"
Can we retire the superflous "baby", America?
Anyway, that's it for today.
785, for Thursday

3 comments:
On the issue of the church giving. The "first" is a statment of importance not of timing. As we have been taught, God judges the heart. It is the question of do we trust God with our money?
Come on, baby! Ugh.
For what it's worth, they put the 2nd amendment in there for a reason. Historically, government has not been the friend of the people for long.
My $.02? Pay cash. The Lord wants you, not your money. I think paying your bills on time is good stewardship of what the Lord has given you.
I agree with Brother B.
Also, how about that M-4, Baby!!
Details needed.
Post a Comment